Sunday, December 2, 2012

Not for all the Apples, Peanut Butter and Jam



This is not a book.....................................................................I dreamt of my wedding........................................................the dangers of a chicken and a demented uncle...........................................owing a loanshark.............................................................what men really think about pregnant women, and, and, and.....................................................This is a diary as I write it and to change it does not seem right, at all....................................................this is my story and I'm sticking to it.
 
 

























Not for all the Apples, Peanut Butter and Jam is the name of the book I'm reading, by Samkela Yolande Stamper, a new friend of mine, I met her yesterday at the HIV/AIDS day celebration street showdown in Brown Street, Nelspruit. She says it's not a book but a collection of her innermost thoughts in her diary. I haven't gone too far reading it as I only got the book last night, but as far as I have read I found myself glued to this thoughts of a single mother who was raised by a single mother. Samke is a Poet, Playwright and a freelancer that occasionally contributes to Lowveld Living Magazine, currenly lives in Nelspruit. She has just shot her first documentary titled: Where are the fathers?
Not for all the Apples, Peanut Butter and Jam is the type of book that covers almost every aspects in life that we youth of today go through in our everyday life, the financial struggle, relationships' ups and the downs of it all, family and support, this book is the type I recommend to young single mothers, however I also strongly believe that the aspects it covers affect everyone, everyday and so everyone of us would be of luck to read and learn what other people go through as well as what they do and how they keep storng to survive a day and the other. As a man, as little as I have already read I have learnt how we, as men, neglect our women and children and how this affect them as they grow without our support as we should.

As I keep reading I will be updating you as I finish reading and review each chapter.

I strongly recommend this book to all of you out there... should you want a copy you can contact me at 082 586 3798... Cheers


3 comments:

  1. This is amazing Ru!
    It was also lovely to meet you.. it seems like forever! I've been talking about you!
    Next is to get other single mothers to share their stories and we can make an anthology of it!e

    Thanks for the lovely review.
    Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Samke... I wnat to make it my mission to get the message accross to evryone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tjooo im so glued to your wonderful work Riza. i cry, i laugh - mixed emotions waya-waya. One must get a copy of this...........

    ReplyDelete