Monday, January 21, 2013

Maputo Trip: Sep 2012


Did I ever tell you about our trip to Mozambique? I'm such a bad friend but i think I will be forgiven as i have remembered by myseolf without anyone having to slap me in the head, anyways here how it all went down, sometime last year I decided to, after so many postponement by my friends that we were suppose to do this with, take sometime out and go somewhere I've never been into. so the destiny was decided and Maputo was agreed upon and well... the rest is history.

Friday, 14 September 2012, Mbali, Gugu, Tinkie and took off to Maputo, and to make it even more adventurously fun, we used public transport. so Greyhound was the transport of choice and had quiet a number of ferries from the city (Maputo) to the hotel (Catembe) which is on the other side of the sea.

Click below to see the pictures....


Saturday Morning in the ferry Maputo to Catembe in the rain... oh it was just fun how people got to drive to the shore only to get to the ferry with their cars only to get off on the side of the sea and drives away. Some don't even get out of the cars while on the ferry.


Gugu Sibeko, This was on Saturday late afternoon when the rain decided for us to stay in the hotel and not go explore.


Tinkie Maluleke, standing by the sea

Lunch time. having some sea food from down the sea
 

The view of Maputo City from Catembe hotel
 
Tinkie and I, I don't even remember what we were up to (maybe if i blogged about this immediately i wouldn't have forgotten what was happening)


Mbaliyethu Dlamini.

Whatever pic I was showiing her, it was a good shot.

Gugu and Mbali


Mbali and I, damn I just notice I sound like those kids form private schools who got punished for saying "Mbali and me"...


and this was the bill for lunch... good thing it's not in Rands, can you imagine...



You will to forgive me, but I also forgot the name of this shopping mall, but if you can read you see that it's written on that carpet that this is, Maputo Shopping centre, It's a good place though, we even got to the cinema and watched a movie and oh the cinema has a VIP section, it was empty though.



Polo a grega was one of the dishes we helped ourselves with in the hotel.


these were the meds we had to take to present malaria, quiet scary aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment